7 Brief and Concise Essays about Online Class and Netiquette

Online class and netiquette background

7 Brief and Concise Essays about Online Class and Netiquette


Thoughts about Online Class

    An online class is good but a face-to-face class is still much better. I think we are not yet ready to embrace this concept of learning. The majority of students may find it hard to adapt to this kind of learning environment so it is much better if it is not a purely online class. Moreover, digital literacy, availability of gadgets, and internet connection are just some of the additional problems. For instance, when we had video conferencing, it buffered once in a while and I missed some of the statements of the teacher and got lost in the topic.


Thoughts about Online Class 2

    An online class is okay but it should not be purely online. There should be times to personally see each other to really see the progress of the student. One problem that comes along with online classes is the honesty of the student. Because of physical distance, the teacher does not have full control over what the student is doing. Additionally, other students may face problems because of a lack of resources such as gadgets and internet connection.


Thoughts about Asynchronous vs Synchronous Online Class

    If I were to choose only one, I would prefer an asynchronous online class. Unlike synchronous online classes, I am completely in control of my time. I have full control over the pace of my learning as long as I comply with the due dates. In other words, I have a flexible schedule, I can do the activities anytime and anywhere I like. Moreover, I believe it is budget-friendly because I do not have to regularly spend on the data connections.


Thoughts about 
Asynchronous vs Synchronous Online Class 2

    I believe it is best to combine the two to cater to the various resources available to each student. Pure synchronous and pure asynchronous have their own share of advantages and disadvantages so blending them together can fill the gaps. With the asynchronous online class, it would be suitable for those who do not have a stable internet connection. However, there is no real-time interaction that could make learning even more effective. On the other side, synchronous online classes can accommodate immediate feedback and real-time engagement.


Thoughts about Netiquette

    Netiquette should be kept in mind when using the internet. As a netizen, there are also good manners that should be observed. As the saying goes, “Think before you click!” This is applicable in all activities done on the web, especially on social media platforms. This must also be observed during online classes. As a student, I should be polite to the teachers and also to my classmates.


Thoughts about Netiquette 2

    Netiquette is a must when using the net. In relation to this, it is important to note that there is a law against cyberbullying. Be mindful of what you do in cyberspace, do not just post anything whenever you like. Moreover, plagiarism is also something that should be avoided when using the net. Paraphrasing and citing the sources are necessary etiquettes that should be practiced.


How will you use technology when you become a teacher?

    I will use technology to give flavor to my discussions and make them more effective. Using multimedia learning materials will surely enhance the learning experience of the students. Giving additional resources to read, watch or listen to from the internet may also be practiced to open doors for extra learning information. I can also use technology to make my work more efficient. Learning how to use different software platforms such as the Microsoft Office Suite will benefit me in spending less time making learning materials or computing grades, etc. Lastly, technology can also be an avenue to communicate with my students for further questions and other concerns that were not accommodated during class hours.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.